Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Nintendo DS Emulator

Quote Originally Posted by hessiess View Post
    The DS is still a commercially viable console, it is unlickly that emulation will become good until after Nintendo release there next hand-held,and if it does the emulater in question would lickly be shut down by Nintendo as it would be a profit loss for them.

If you want to play DS games, Buy a DS new or second hand.
    OMG this is so helpful !!
    any other suggestions guys in how to make the DS games work faster for me ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anjilslaire View Post
    Hate to have to point it out, but piracy i.e. downloading roms from torrents is likely piracy & not generally condoned here.
    you sound like a Nintendo police.It is not piracy right,if there is stealing price?
    "The DS is still a commercially viable console, it is unlickly that emulation will become good until after Nintendo release there next hand-held,and if it does the emulater in question would lickly be shut down by Nintendo as it would be a profit loss for them.

If you want to play DS games, Buy a DS new or second hand."
    "...the emulater in question would lickly be shut down by Nintendo..."
    As far i know,if you write an emulator with your own codes (and not with codes from Nintendo)you are legally right.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by leomelo View Post
    you sound like a Nintendo police.It is not piracy right,if there is stealing price?
    "The DS is still a commercially viable console, it is unlickly that emulation will become good until after Nintendo release there next hand-held,and if it does the emulater in question would lickly be shut down by Nintendo as it would be a profit loss for them.

If you want to play DS games, Buy a DS new or second hand."
    "...the emulater in question would lickly be shut down by Nintendo..."
    As far i know,if you write an emulator with your own codes (and not with codes from Nintendo)you are legally right.
    That's true, though ROMs are protected by copyright and can't be legally shared. The idea of emulators is to maintain usability of older software that you own by emulating the hardware it was designed to run on. It's totally legit, though a bit strange, to buy DS games, extract the ROMs from the cartridges and run them on an emulated system if you choose to do so. Most people would tend to just run the cartridges directly if suitable hardware is readily available.

I have no stake in what other people do one way or another. I'm simply pointing out that emulation has totally legitimate uses. The questionable part is in the distribution of ROMs. Carry on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hessiess View Post
    If you want to play DS games, Buy a DS new or second hand.
    I want to but it isn't sold in my country and If I buy one online the Games aren't sold here.So I guess I will have to stick with emulation till Nintendo brings DS to India.

Beans

Wheres a good place to get ROMs for DeSmeMe?

Beans

DeSmuME action replay cheats

ehm...hi i've been trying to play pokemon black on desmume, it works fine but i want to use some cheats from action replay (Wild Pokemons Are Shiny, Trainer rematches, etc...) but i don't know how to use it

and if someone knows how to "link" to play against other human players it will be thanked XD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234