Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What Do You Hate About Windows So Much?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: What Do You Hate About Windows So Much?

I don't hate OSs, I might dislike them, but not hate them.

The main things I dislike about Windows would be the security issues, lack of customerization, it runs very slowly on my laptop and requires more maintenance.

I do not avoid using it because of some kind of ethic issues, I just dislike it. No one should be forced to use something they dislike, that's why I would love to see people using more open standards, that way everyone could use what they wanted.

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I don't hate Windows, I just dislike it.

What I dislike is how everyone is being taught how to use a computer with windows. Then they grow up as an adult believing that Windows and maybe Mac are the only possible ways to operate a computer. They don't see that they just lived in a closed box society and don't realize the alternatives.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I don't really hate it, but in the long term, there are a few things I dislike. For example, over time, it slows down much more than Linux, as well as it just doesn't seem as secure as Ubuntu, as well as it is a much bigger target for malware with a not-quite-as-advanced security system, and not as many things completely work out of the box, as well as it doesn't have any repo or app browser (well, except for Windows Update) to search for and easily install applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzphagia View Post
    What I dislike is how everyone is being taught how to use a computer with windows. Then they grow up as an adult believing that Windows and maybe Mac are the only possible ways to operate a computer. They don't see that they just lived in a closed box society and don't realize the alternatives.
    From what I see, you're right on the money. 95% of the people I know, adult or teen, don't know about any system other than OS X or Windows
    Last edited by BlacqWolf; April 14th, 2011 at 01:01 AM.
    Full time Ubuntu user
    The history of Tux

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789