Thread: Uninstall unbuntu with error 22. Vista

Beans

Uninstall unbuntu with error 22. Vista

Ok so full story:

I got really sick of vista and wanted to try out a linux OS. So i partitioned off some of my HDD and installed Ubuntu, didn't really like it.

Now I uninstalled it using the vista disc manager and rebooted. Error 12 grub...can't do anything.

What I want is to completely remove any trace of unbuntu and return to my original working vista OS.

I'm reinstalling unbuntu right now to try and do something through that. I've tried using the vista recovery disc with "fixmbr" and "fixboot" but that does nothing.

Please I really need help on this I just want rid of ubuntu and go back to vista. I have no idea how to do anything in a linux based OS.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Uninstall unbuntu with error 22. Vista

IF you have a Vista installation cd I would boot from it and choose the repair option from the menu. If you don't have a installation cd, give this a try. I haven't tried then personally, but I have heard people have repaired their systems using the Vista Recovery Disc.

Jim

Beans

Re: Uninstall unbuntu with error 22. Vista

I managed to get back into vista (thank god) after reinstalling unbuntu.

I have a vista recovery disk and its pretty much useless but what I want to do is completely remove all traces of unbuntu from my HDD and delete the partition its on.

How can I do this without getting an error 22 and screwing up my mbr?