Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ir blaster and Directv d12-300

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ir blaster and Directv d12-300

I have just recently set up a pvr system using mythbuntu. I have a pvr150 for a tuner and had the remote working by following this guide: http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24. I cannot set up the ir blaster for this part because the bulb at the end fell off. I have purchased a RS232 IR Blaster to use instead of the broken one.

Now my question is how to set up the IR blaster and get it working with my directv d12-300 stb. i don't know how to do the channel change script or the testing to see of the new ir blaster even works.

p.s. If i can't use the pvr150 remote and RS232 IR Blaster at the same time that is ok because i mostly just want an ir blaster.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ir blaster and Directv d12-300

Do a search here, on google and at mythtv.org and you'll find a variety of change channel scripts.

You'll need to have an lircd.conf file for the remote on your settop box. You maybe able to find one lirc web site. I tried this and none worked so I ended up using irrecord and just built a working file.

Beans
    Distro

would the channel change script be the same as the one for direct control of the stb?

Beans
    Hidden!

If you're using an IR Blaster, the change channel script will be the same since all your doing is sending out the channels in IR format. If you want to control the stb, with a hard link I do not know as I didn't set mine up like this.

Beans
    Distro

whenever i search for a channel change script on Google all i find is channel change scripts for a hard link. So i must find a script different than that hard link script?

Also how do i test if the directv remote i created works?
    Last edited by codymyth; April 9th, 2009 at 03:31 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
     #!/bin/sh
    REMOTE_NAME = NAME_OF_STB_Remote

for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
      irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE SRC-200A_1 $digit
      sleep 0.4  # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay up a bit, depending on your DISH receiver model

done

exit 0;
    Here's the one I use. You can test to see if a signal is sent by using a digital camera. If this works, then the best test is to see if the blaster changes the channel.

Beans
    Distro

where do i put that at?

Beans
    Distro

?

Beans
    Hidden!

You can put it anywhere. I have mine in /usr/local/bin. Just call it whatever you want like change_ch.sh and chmod 755. You'll then need to add the command to the tuner in myth-setup.

Beans
    Distro

do i save it as a regular text document?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast