I'm new so first hello everyone. I've been studying and researching for my first build slated for this summer. I am waiting for my Ubuntu CD and there is plenty of time. However I am in a bit of a pickel with the options for my new system HDD set up and instal for multi-boot options. I understand that Ubuntu comes with GRUB and that sounds great I plan to instal XP Pro 32-bit first. Q:should I partition at that time and only format the XP volume or should I wait to repartition when installing Ubuntu/GRUB. Also I am not quite clear on if the swap file is to be FAT32 or the entire XP instal should be FAT32??

On another issue is that of AMD and ATI firmware and drivers. The motherboard I will use is a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H with
AMD 790GX north bridge 128MB DDR3 sideport RAM
AMD 750 south bridge
ATI HD3300 intergrated graphics
AMD OverDrive
Gigabyte EasyTune6
Phenom II X3 720 cpu
2 x 2GB PC2 8500 RAM
640 or 750 GB Western Digital Caviar Black SATAII HDD
Q: does anyone know of any issues with these components or features that I should be awaire of heading into this build with the dual boot or possibly multi-boot [some more buntu] that maybe I can learn about before late summer? I have been reading the community and knowledge based information for about two weeks but have noticed some issues at a different forum concerning the ATI drivers. Thank you for reading and all answers are welcome; gotta stay on the learning curve don't ya know