Thread: Wow trial: best way to upgrade?

Beans

Wow trial: best way to upgrade?

I've been playing wow trial version. I had to download the full client (the 4.3 GB version) and i'd like to upgrade to a regular user. Whats the best way to do this?

Beans

Re: Wow trial: best way to upgrade?

thanks THR4SH. So there's noneed to by the full version?

Beans

You need to buy a key, which can be done through the Blizzard store or buy the game discs.
    So unfortunately you do have to pay a one time fee, then it's the monthly costs.

Also bear in mind you need to pay 2 other one time fees if you want the expansion packs.

Beans

Got 'er Done!

Thanks for the tips Super, got wow up and running. The Blizard store didn't have any cd-keys that i could find but the game was only $20 so i was able to go into manage account on the webpage and add the cd-key and got my first month going. Now I gotta finishg the game in a month . Thanks for thehelp.
    Last edited by Gen2ly; April 19th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Something is funky with the new WOW patch.

Over at the WOW tech forums there are many window users that have a problem getting WOW to run after the last patch. Basicaly what happens is you click on the "Play" button and the game dumps to the desktop with no error messages.

I have the same problem with WOW on my ubuntu box with Wine. My regualer windows boxes [3 of them] haven't had any problems.

One fix was to uninstall a Citibank program. Though as far as I know, I never installed one on my ubuntu box as I don't use citibank.

This was just a heads up that you might find your wow not playing popery after you upgrade.

Beans

Nice tohear. You might want to give the guys with a link so that they can troubleshoot this.
    Last edited by Gen2ly; April 19th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.