Thread: 1s command not found

Beans

Question 1s command not found

Hey all! So I am a complete noob to all of this, I have been a Windows user all of my life and decided that I needed a change...so here I am, willing to learn!

Anyways...my question is probably a dumb one but alas, I don't know what's wrong...So, I had been dutifully following the ubuntu pocket guide (which is great!) and I got to the part where I started learning about the prompt and all that jazz, which was working fine, until I was told to enter the "1s" command...which bash doesn't seem to fine. What I see is this:
    skittles@skittles:~$ 1s
    bash: 1s: command not found
    Am I just pushing the wrong keys... what? Also, all the derivatives obviously do not work as well. Any help for the noob would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: 1s command not found

That should be ls, "l" as in love.

ian@gutsy-gibbon:~$ ls
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_skittles View Post
    Hey all! So I am a complete noob to all of this, I have been a Windows user all of my life and decided that I needed a change...so here I am, willing to learn!

Anyways...my question is probably a dumb one but alas, I don't know what's wrong...So, I had been dutifully following the ubuntu pocket guide (which is great!) and I got to the part where I started learning about the prompt and all that jazz, which was working fine, until I was told to enter the "1s" command...which bash doesn't seem to fine. What I see is this:
    skittles@skittles:~$ 1s
    bash: 1s: command not found
    Am I just pushing the wrong keys... what? Also, all the derivatives obviously do not work as well. Any help for the noob would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance!
    Don't feel bad that is a common mistake. If I had a dollar for every time someone did that I would be rich. I know I made that mistake!
    Multi-boot: Arch linux, Ubuntu 12.04, Windows 7 & Windows 8

Beans

Thanks...my don't I feel silly!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_skittles View Post
    Thanks...my don't I feel silly!
    No problem, we all start by making mistakes. It's where we learn
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.