Thread: hi all i've problem with ubuntu 8.10

Beans

hi all i've problem with ubuntu 8.10

i can't install ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop acer aspire 5052 . i'll use all version 8.10 8.04 . i try instlled and aparve only write ubuntu and stop. nothing else. somebody can help me. i've another laptop acer5520with ubuntu and i don't have any problem .
    caind reguard
    rullos

Beans

Re: hi all i've problem with ubuntu 8.10

It may well be a faulty burn of the image. Try burning on a different machine (my machine has a rubbish cd drive so doesn't burn properly) and then try installing. Does it install the base system and nothing more? or does it not even get that far?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use [code][/code] brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Try a different disk. I had the same problem with my laptop but I recovered soon as I got a fresh iso image and burn it to a CD from www.ubuntu.com
    Try changing CD Rom as well
    --
    Regards
    Umar Farooq

Registered ubuntu user # 26747

Beans

Search for the answers to the following questions:

1) Check for CD errors (welcome screen of Ubuntu installation CD)
    2) Is your laptop compatible with Ubuntu live CD?