Thread: Scale issue in Compiz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Scale issue in Compiz

I migrated to Ubuntu from an OS X background, and love the versatility and added usability that Compiz offers. However, the scale add on seems broken for me. I have fooled with the settings quite a bit, but whenever I push the button to initiate the window picker, the windows just fly around and I can't point at any of them. Any ideas? I have the compiz ppa added, so I have the latest versions.

Beans

Re: Scale issue in Compiz

The same thing seems to be happening to me. Whenever I try using window scaling, as soon as I release the trigger the windows fly back to their original position. I have looked around in ccsm but haven't figured out a way to make them stay still. Any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Scale issue in Compiz

Yeah, at some point they seem to have decided to implement it like that, you have to hold down the key combo that makes it happen to keep them in "scale" mode.

Not sure why they did that, it irritates me. If I remember correctly, triggering it off something else like a screen corner works properly.

Anyway, those are the work arounds, hopefully someone else might pop in with a proper solution..

Hope that helps