Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox in Linux crashes when I load this page?

Beans

Re: Firefox in Linux crashes when I load this page?

ran the chmod command, no errors. I was able to get rid of the .mozilla folder.

But Firefox still has the same problem. It doesn't open.

Again, it has to be something to do with my user data, because I can run FF as an admin.

if I run "firefox" nothing happens.
    If I click on the FF icon (it says the command is "firefox %u" ???) it says "Starting Firefox Web Browser" in the tray briefly, then disappears.

Advice?

Thanks

Beans

Problem solved.

If anyone else needs to know:
    From what I gather, it started when, somehow, FF process did not end properly. So every time I try to start FF, it would give an error saying that the FF process is still running and I had to end it first.

Not knowing how to, I ran "sudo firefox". This changed the owner of my .mozilla folder to "root".

I eventually ran "killall firefox" so FF would start, but FF would now not run b/c it couldnt write to the .mozilla folder.

Now after I changed the owner of the .mozilla folder, FF worked by my bookmarks didnt load and a lot of other random things didnt work (eg. the Google search bar didnt work). I also couldn't create a shorrtcut for FF on my desktop.

I finally found out that these were all related; I was out of HD space .

If anyone else is as dumb as me to have both of these problems at the same time, I hope I can save you some time by you reading this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

This has nothing to do with your original problem though. Unless you installed the flash plugin manually to your root filesystem with the wrong permissions.
    » Praetoria Imperialis « A World of Warcraft Guild for Grown Ups. Mostly.

Beans

Im guessing the flash problem was because I did not have sufficient hard drive space. It works now.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12