Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Beans
    67
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    [Solved] Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    I've had a few VM's working fine (my keyboard issue notwithstanding, see other thread) but when I try and use Jaunty Beta (either Gnome or KDE) I only get about a half a screen.

    I can move cursor through the top to get to the bar and back down to get to the bottom bar, but it's not one full thing, the desktop is half-looped. The whole vbox window is not being utilised.
    Last edited by Mehall; March 28th, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehall View Post
    I've had a few VM's working fine (my keyboard issue notwithstanding, see other thread) but when I try and use Jaunty Beta (either Gnome or KDE) I only get about a half a screen.

    I can move cursor through the top to get to the bar and back down to get to the bottom bar, but it's not one full thing, the desktop is half-looped. The whole vbox window is not being utilised.
    There seems to be a problem with VBox and the new Xserver release read the link below.
    http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtop...t=15512#p64831

    I edited the install.so and it fixed it right up.

    PS you must install the guest additions from the directory where you edited the install.so file.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Beans
    67
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by Perryg View Post
    There seems to be a problem with VBox and the new Xserver release read the link below.
    http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtop...t=15512#p64831

    I edited the install.so and it fixed it right up.

    PS you must install the guest additions from the directory where you edited the install.so file.
    cheers, I'll bear this in mind.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    When editing the install script, ubuntu 9.04 beta now uses version 1.7.* (and not 1.6.* as in the solutions posted for the alpha).
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

    #ubuntuforums web interface

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    When editing the install script, ubuntu 9.04 beta now uses version 1.7.* (and not 1.6.* as in the solutions posted for the alpha).
    Bodhi,

    Could you elaborate a little on this for me? My Xorg-server states 1.6.0 in Jaunty. Are you saying that they are going to 1.7.0, and if so when?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    The update oh a week ago I thought showed 1.7 , I would have to check my VM later.

    Adding 1.7.* to the install script definitely works.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

    #ubuntuforums web interface

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    The update oh a week ago I thought showed 1.7 , I would have to check my VM later.

    Adding 1.7.* to the install script definitely works.
    Thanks Bodhi.
    I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you have checked. I have been watching and though Ubuntu has been doing testing with 1.7.0 I see nowhere that they are ready to release. Of course I do not work for them so I may just be out of the loop.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by Perryg View Post
    Thanks Bodhi.
    I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you have checked. I have been watching and though Ubuntu has been doing testing with 1.7.0 I see nowhere that they are ready to release. Of course I do not work for them so I may just be out of the loop.
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/xserver-xorg
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

    #ubuntuforums web interface

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Virtaulbox - Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Thank you!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •