Thread: Anyone in Okaloosa County?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Anyone in Okaloosa County?

Hi All,
    Nmae is Andy. I just moved back home from Texas, and was curious if the was anyone in my neck of the woods? I am quite new still to all this, and computers in general. I am planning on taking some course begining next year and would like to meet some people who might guide me on what direction to go with computers. I am thinking about a shift in careers in the next few years.

Well ya'll, have a good one
    Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04, Compaq Presario CQ60, AMD Sempron 64bit, NVIDIA Graphics and a bitchin' Toyota 4Runner!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Anyone in Okaloosa County?

I'm here in Tallahassee, and I don't know of anyone west of me that is part of the Ubuntu Florida Loco (which isn't to say that there isn't anyone.)
    Feel free to talk real-time with us on IRC at #ubuntu-us-fl If you need assistance with getting on IRC just let us know. It is pretty easy and straight forward.
    Many of us work in IT, so feel free to ask questions regarding that as well.
    Lastly, in October there will be a Linux Expo in Orlando where you can meet many of us face to face.
    "Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter
    http://maxolasersquad.com/
    http://maxolasersquad.blogspot.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Anyone in Okaloosa County?

Quote Originally Posted by mlsquad View Post
    I'm here in Tallahassee, and I don't know of anyone west of me that is part of the Ubuntu Florida Loco (which isn't to say that there isn't anyone.)
    Feel free to talk real-time with us on IRC at #ubuntu-us-fl If you need assistance with getting on IRC just let us know. It is pretty easy and straight forward.
    Many of us work in IT, so feel free to ask questions regarding that as well.
    Lastly, in October there will be a Linux Expo in Orlando where you can meet many of us face to face.
    Hey there. Cool that there are some people around though. I am actually moving in August down to Fort Lauderdale, so October for the show in orlando might actually be something I can do.

I will check ya'll out on IRC when I get a while later on.
    Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04, Compaq Presario CQ60, AMD Sempron 64bit, NVIDIA Graphics and a bitchin' Toyota 4Runner!