Thread: Installing from liveUSB without the 'install' icon

Beans

Installing from liveUSB without the 'install' icon

In my previous experiences installing ubuntu from a live*, there always was some 'install'-icon at the desktop. Right now, I'm trying to install Ubuntu from a liveUSB, which does not supply such an icon.

Is there any way I can install from the commandline or at startup?

I get a text-prompt for choosing the kernel image to load at startup, with afaik 3 choices (booting the liveCD, doing a checksum or checking the memory)

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Installing from liveUSB without the 'install' icon

Here's a good tutorial and it compares how you install in text mode versus graphical mode.

Beans

Re: Installing from liveUSB without the 'install' icon

Quote Originally Posted by strAlan View Post
    Here's a good tutorial and it compares how you install in text mode versus graphical mode.
    Thanks! It is a good tutorial.

However, it does not adress the problem I am having.

* The first step of this tutorial is to select the loading method from a series of options, in a graphical manner.
    -- I have a text-based interface here, in which I can select only to boot either the livecd or do a memory or md5 check, not unlike this image.

* The second step of this tutorial is to click the 'install' icon, which I do not have.

The only thing I need to make it work, is the command the 'install' button is performing, or some option in the textbased startup screen