Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Relatively) Phonetic Hindi Input

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: (Relatively) Phonetic Hindi Input

Quote Originally Posted by naklinaam View Post
    @amerikkanu,
    It works great for all keyboards other than 'hi-itrans' (I still followed the old settings).
    I have run into a crazy issue. Whenever I select Hindi Itrans from the SCIM list, it remains stuck with the previous selection (English keyboard or Bengali or whatever else I maght have tested with before Hindi). I am also able to invoke hindi Remington etc..
    The only keyboard which does not work is the hindi itrans.
    Sorry for the delay, I'm on summer break! I'm not sure I understand your setup. Did you create a new itransish input or did you simply tweak the itrans input? If the latter, you ought to be able to overwrite it with the original from the backup. If you didn't back it up and there's none automatically saved in its directory, then you could just delete that file (/usr/share/m17n/itrans.mim), remove&purge scim/m17n and reinstall them using the instructions above. That should give you a clean itrans.mim file. On the other hand, if you did try to create an itransish.mim file and something went wrong, it could be creating a conflict with the itrans.mim file -- so you'd want in that case to delete both the itransish.mim file and its entry from the m17 db file.

Otherwise, if you haven't already created one, you could simply create the itransish input using the instructions above as a workaround to the itrans input. I just did so on a fresh install of 9.04 and it works without a hitch. Good luck and let me know how things go.

Beans

आभार लेकिन कुछ समस्या है..प्रकाश का 'र' कैसे बनेगा और अर्ध चंद्रबिंदी? इसी के साथ '?' कहाँ से बनेगा? आभार. मै उबुन्तु ९.०४ का प्रयोग कर रहा हूँ.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by swapnil_bhartiya View Post
    आभार लेकिन कुछ समस्या है..प्रकाश का 'र' कैसे बनेगा और अर्ध चंद्रबिंदी? इसी के साथ '?' कहाँ से बनेगा? आभार. मै उबुन्तु ९.०४ का प्रयोग कर रहा हूँ.
    क्या आप ने प्रथमे या दूसरे विधि का प्रयोग किया ? अगर आप ने प्रथमे विधि का प्रयोग किया, तो प्रकाश का 'र्' अपने आप बनेगा -- मतलब्, प्रकाश = prakaash । और संप्रतीक कुंजी ऊपर मिलती है । तो,

ँ = .N
    ं = .m

अगर आप के और सवाल हैं, तो कृपया पूछिये । और माफ़ कीजिये, मेरी हिन्दी एकदम टूटी-फ़ूटी हो गयी । किन्तु मुझे आशा है कि मेरा अर्थ स्पष्ट है । सौभाग्य हो ।

Beans

To the guys who get printing problem

I have found out that if you use 'lohit hindi' font then type in hindi then you get what you see.
    Actually in my case also initially font was 'dejavu sans' so got boxes on paper printed but then font 'lohit hindi' worked.
    Glad to help you.
    Last edited by manit; January 1st, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

Beans

To guys who get printing problem

please see above post as I read somebody had problem on first page
    Last edited by manit; January 1st, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Beans

I am a south indian trying to type Rail. I am getting रेल् instead of रेल. How do I do it. in phonetic keyboard I am typing "rel" as well as "rel ", with the same result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12