Thread: Bluetooth Headset Issues

Beans

Bluetooth Headset Issues

Hey, I recently purchased a Plantronics Voyager 510 and followed a version of this guide that's posted at help.ubuntu.com. Everything seems to work, except all the headset does when I try to play sound (e.g. PulseAudio Manager > Sample Cache > Play) is beep at me. Like, (high beep) (three quick beeps) (long beep). Does anyone know how to fix this immensely irritating problem?

Also happens when I try the test tone in System > Preferences > Sound. After the beep sequence, it makes this really awful scraping burp noise over and over again until I end the test.

[edit] Oops, I saw "wireless" and thought "Bluetooth". Wrong section I guess.
    Last edited by Peasantoid; March 19th, 2009 at 12:47 AM.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What does kill you makes you dead.
    Arch Linux for the pwn!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Bluetooth Headset Issues

i don't and never had a bluetooth headset, i did find this

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothHeadset

i don't know if it conflicts with what you already done' though the steps appear to be easy.

edit: i see it's the same tutorial, i don't know what else to suggest

Beans

Sorry, that's the one I meant (couldn't recall the URL at the time). Thanks anyway though.
    Arch Linux for the pwn!

Beans

Okay, I'm figuring the first four beeps mean a connection is being established or something like that and the last one means it's been lost. I still don't get any actual sound — just burping.
    Arch Linux for the pwn!

Beans

Could this have something to do with analog vs. digital? It sounds sort of like what happens when you run digital audio through an analog system.
    Arch Linux for the pwn!

Beans

I got it [sort of] working, woo yeah. For future reference, try uninstalling anything related to BlueZ and then reinstalling it again (probably best to use Synaptic).

I still gots issues, but I'll work on 'em later.
    Last edited by Peasantoid; March 19th, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
    Arch Linux for the pwn!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal