Greetings,

I found a similar problem on here already, but it didn't solve it for me... so I'm posting this, hoping SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! This is beyond frustrating.

I installed UNetbootin utility as a way to have my USB drive install Ubuntu onto my computer, boot up, etc. Well, after everything was supposedly installed and happy, it told me to restart and use my USB drive as a bootable source. Even though I changed this in my BIOS, on start up I still get the grey UNetbootin menu screen, with only "Default" selected. The lower fields do a 10 sec countdown and keeps looping. If I hit enter, nothing happens. If I hit 'Tab', I get "/ubnkern initrd=/ubninit _" text, which doesn't mean anything to me. If I hit escape, the screen goes black and I get "boot:" prompt, which doesn't respond to any command.

Please please PLEASE help me... I'm a windows and mac os user and have no idea how to fix this. If I can just get past this screen, my USB drive has a healthy 8.10 install just waiting to be accessed.

Super thanks