Thread: Blue WLAN light will not come on, "this computer does not have a wireless network ad

Beans

Exclamation Blue WLAN light will not come on, "this computer does not have a wireless network ad

I woke up yesterday morning and suddenly my laptop will not pick up my (or any) routers. The blue light on the front of it will not come on, even though the switch is set to on. When I click "Diagnose why windows can't find any networks", I get the message "this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed". Well it was working 24 hours ago.

I've restored my laptop to its factory shipped condition and updated it from hp update and windows update, but it still does not work. I cant even open the hp wireless assistant from control panel, when I click on it, nothing happens!

The laptop is a HP G6000, I have 2 of them and the other is working fine. Under the network tree in device manager, the working laptop looks like this >>

nd the one that is not working looks like this >>

As you can see, the WLAN thing that I need, is not there. I have no idea why my laptop would suddenly do this. I've been looking for a solution all day and found nothing. From reading some stuff on the hp site it looks as though ALL of my wireless devices are turned off. apparently they get turned on at the factory and they should not turn off. I have no idea how to turn them back on if my computer is not even picking them up. Someone recommended me to "flash the BIOS", should I do this and what does it mean?

I dont think there is a problem with my modem or router because my pc, other laptop and ps3 are all connected to the internet just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Blue WLAN light will not come on, "this computer does not have a wireless network

"Diagnose why windows can't find any networks"
    This is a forum for the Linux operating system, specifically, the variant called Ubuntu. Most of us know little or nothing about Windows. Sorry.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.