Thread: MSI GT735 Video card problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Angry MSI GT735 Video card problem

I've just got this laptop(MSI GT735 with AMD Turion 2.2 ultra, 4 GB ram and ATI Radeon HD3850) and I tried to install ubuntu but it wont get to the install the screen flashes a couple of times and says "no screens found", and then it gets me into command line. after that i tried to install from the alternate CD and I succeded but then the Xwindow system wont start also (I guess), and I cant get to a command line with networking (I've entered the command line from the recovery mode and I couldnt connect to the internet and do "sudo apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx")to do as its told in this post "http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=123994.0;prev_next=next"
    please help me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: MSI GT735 Video card problem

Which version of Ubuntu are you trying to install on your laptop? I have the same laptop, and I installed ubuntu 8.04. The graphics card and default resolution were automatically installed correctly. When I tried 8.10, I was getting a different problem (the livecd was hanging during some kind of battery test).

I have had a couple of other irritations, but I will reserve those for another thread.
    • Note To Self:gksudo is safer than sudo for graphical apps!