Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Start Program at bootup

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    palos verdes california
    Beans
    262

    Start Program at bootup

    How can I have my Password Mgr. Program (keepassx) start at bootup?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bangalore,Karnataka,India
    Beans
    93
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Start Program at bootup

    Go to system preferences>sessions and add the program to your startup list.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    182
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Start Program at bootup

    verbose directions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If all else fails, read the documentation. There's nothing sissy about a MAN page.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    palos verdes california
    Beans
    262

    Re: Start Program at bootup

    Quote Originally Posted by itisbasi View Post
    Go to system preferences>sessions and add the program to your startup list.
    I did this and it did not work. In the Startup lst Window I clk ADD then in
    the next window for the Name I entered Keepass for the Command I entered
    Keepassx. Now if I go to Preferences Sessions Startup lst This now appears in the starup lst. What do I do now!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    94
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Start Program at bootup

    Quote Originally Posted by bj218 View Post
    I did this and it did not work. In the Startup lst Window I clk ADD then in
    the next window for the Name I entered Keepass for the Command I entered
    Keepassx. Now if I go to Preferences Sessions Startup lst This now appears in the starup lst. What do I do now!!
    It worked for me by adding "/usr/bin/keepassx" in the Command box rather than just keepassx.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    palos verdes california
    Beans
    262

    Re: Start Program at bootup

    Quote Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
    It worked for me by adding "/usr/bin/keepassx" in the Command box rather than just keepassx.
    I first made the change "/usr/bin/Keepassx" then I did a restart it did not
    work. I then changed the capital K to a lower case k but this I did a shutdown and turned off pwr. for 30 sec. and on startup Keepassx started.
    Thanks much you made it work for me. This is really a great Forum for people like me just starting to learn Linux.

    How do I mark this thread SOLVED?
    Last edited by bj218; March 13th, 2009 at 08:30 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •