View Poll Results: Do you dual boot ubuntu with windows?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 52.94%
  • NO

120 47.06%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is your PC on dual boot?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Is your PC on dual boot?

No way. Linux only. I have enough boxes to install and run whatever OS I need at the time.
    NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce
    ArchLinux 64-bit + JWM

Beans
    Hidden!

I have six computers. One is XP only, one is triple boot XP/Ubuntu/Arch, and the rest are pure Ubuntu.

I still dream of the day when I can dump windows forever. At present my relationship with windows is like the 'relationship' a schoolboy has with the naughty magazines under his bed. He doesn't talk about them, and he's certainly not proud of them, but he still finds them... uh, useful... from time to time.

Beans
    Hidden!

i just have ubuntu 8.10 with xp on virtual box for college, i can work between the two seamlessly and linux stays in control. the integration is fantastic. the developers did a great job on virtual box =D>
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by whitefort View Post
    I have six computers. One is XP only, one is triple boot XP/Ubuntu/Arch, and the rest are pure Ubuntu.

I still dream of the day when I can dump windows forever. At present my relationship with windows is like the 'relationship' a schoolboy has with the naughty magazines under his bed. He doesn't talk about them, and he's certainly not proud of them, but he still finds them... uh, useful... from time to time.

lol
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

yeah i have a dual boot with XP pro, i'm ashamed to say. I just started using Ubuntu about 6 months ago and in the last 2 months i've only gone into windows like 3 times. i'm almost there!

Beans

Why limit youself to just one OS when your machine is capable of running more than one? Sure that only limits what software applications are available to you. I choose to dual boot because I want to have choice. Single booting Windows or Linux would restrict that choice.

Beans

dual boot Mac OS X/ubuntu. Ive never used windows except for web browsing on someone elses machine, everything is backwards on windows.

Beans

I chose not to vote.

Debian Lenny and Windows XP. (The boot priority in BIOS needs to get fixed each time Linux boots up or else it does not work)
    Debian 11 "Bullseye"
    HP Envy 2021 laptop
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Talking Re: Is your PC on dual boot?

Right now my PC dual boots XP and Debian Stable. I only dual boot because I need XP for remote desktop to my work PC. Actually I use XP in VirtualBox now so I don't even need to dual boot. Looks like I just talked myself into reusing the Windows hard drive in another machine.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678