Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shame on ATI

Beans

Re: Shame on ATI

Just so long as it is still available for those Arch users with cards that have benefited from AMD/ATi's ongoing driver work.

At least some of us have seen a lot of improvements over the last eight months or so.

[Edit:] Something in the ATi driver's favour is how incredibly easily they install. I've never had nVidia drivers install so easily on the 2 different nVidia cards I have used under Linux.
    Last edited by handy; March 15th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am running an x1300 myself, I'm not going to worry too much about this. from what I've been reading the OS community will have working drivers soon enough anyhow, tbh I'd prefer OS drivers over commercial ones anyhow as long as I get get full acceleration out of the OS driver which apparently is going to be possible now

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Shame on ATI

Quote Originally Posted by Romu View Post
    AMD Dropping R300-R500 Support In Catalyst Driver

When I think the X1600 of my Macbook Pro is still not well supported and it's just 2 years old, I just can say this will be my last computer with an ATI card.

And I'm going to quit Ubuntu to return back to OSX, the bad support of the ATI is one reason. This announce is a really bad news for Linux and Ubuntu.

hi ROMU................. I can help you fixing this............ its true that ATi giving a very bad support but the truth is most of the drivers are avilable in UBUntu ,......... a bit difficult to find.......... am new with linux but i found the way 2 fix your issue........... i was also facing the same issue with my ATi chipset X1200............ just visit my blog that i recently created............. http://thopilismaakan.blogspot.com/

i am sure you will find the fix here

Beans

Arch is just moving them to the unsupported/extra/user repos. I don't think it matters much as my experience with arch is that those extra places to get stuff are vital for a good arch experience no matter what, and the open drivers should provide more than enough OTB to get up and running with arch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Are they stupid? Or just careless?

I won't ever buy an ATI card again, ever.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234