Thread: K3B can't find blank dvd

Beans

K3B can't find blank dvd

Hi,

I'm trying to burn an iso image onto a dvd with K3B. However it doesn't seem to recognise when I put a blank dvd in, it still just says 'please insert blank dvd+r' (or something like that). Has anyone else had this problem? How can I get it to recognise that there is blank dvd in the drive? Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: K3B can't find blank dvd

Hi,

Had the same problem a while back, turns out it was the disc (happened to be a dvd- as opposed to dvd+) wouldn't read the negative ones, try sticking a plus one in and see if that works (not a fix as such, more a workaround).

Regards, Ellgor.

Beans

Hey, thanks for your response. I was already trying it with a dvd+r and the problem is still persisting. Thanks anyway. Anyone got any other ideas?

Beans

bump.

Beans

Does no one else have this problem? I think it is a problem with Ubuntu and not just K3B since I can't burn anything to disc with any program. Haven't been able to find much about it on the internet so any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have this problem sometimes but only when I either put in the DVD after I open K3B or when I try burning a second DVD without closing K3B.

Other things you may want to check:

1. Can your dvd drive read regular dvd's fine?
    2. Is automounting enabled?
    3. Not as likely to be a problem but have you tried other DVD media?

Beans

Thanks for your answer. The drive reads normal dvd's fine and auto mounting is enabled, already checked that. I use to be able to burn dvd's recently so I assume it is a problem with an update. From what I can see on the internet it seems to be a bug and I can't find anyone that has solved it.

Nevermind, I burnt the dvd at work anyway. It's an iso file for a Gentoo installation (nothing wrong with Ubuntu just want try Gentoo), so maybe that's why my computer didn't want to burn the dvd.