Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let see who is actually interested

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Let see who is actually interested

Hello Nevada,

I live in SW Vegas, few minutes from the strip. I would like to be involved in a Nevada Team. Being completely honest, I would have a hard time traveling to Reno, etc. for meetings.

But lets be realistic, having a Vegas Team would be a great thing, think how many Ubuntu geeks will be in Vegas for a conference or just visiting at some point throughout the year.

Obviously it may not start big, so lets see how many souls we realistically have, it seems like for 18 months, I've seen maybe 5 regulars in here.

I myself just looked this morning at a Ubuntu Nevada Team, and lo and behold it's here!

I will also post an ad on Craigslist, all the "cool geeks" check there a couple of times per week.

As for me, I'm in my twenties, going to school for a Masters, and trying desperately to make the switch and root myself in opensource, lets see if this helps...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Let see who is actually interested

I'm in Las Vegas too, and would have the same trouble with meetings in Reno.. I'm a pc support tech for a local company doing mostly windows support, and a bit of Redhat on our Linux cluster.. My os of preference is Ubuntu 8.04. I tried 8.10 on both desktop and laptop, and though the install went perfectly on the laptop, and everything worked, I really don't like the changes they made on the network manager/wifi/vpn config, so I reinstalled 8.04 when I bought a new larger drive for the laptop. As for the desktop, it "just works"... I'm on the east side, Charleston-Lamb area.. I posted earlier on this thread and I swear I can hear crickets from the quiet in this thread...

Dave

Beans

Smile Re: Let see who is actually interested

Hello people:
    I just saw the message at craiglist, I really like ubuntu but I'm a very basic user but sign me in for the team, I'm pretty sure I'll learn one or two tricks.
    I'm in henderson

memo

Beans
    Distro

Thanks guys, I was checking the post often but stopped because of the "crickets," Dave mentioned...

I really am pretty busy right now with school, work, etc...So I'm not sure if there is time for a real Jaunty release party, but maybe for some beers in the near future?

Just keep a lookout and see who is posting here...I repost that ad on Craigslist once every other week...

Beans

I'm interested, but I'm interested in Kubuntu 8.04 if that fits in the groups plans.

Beans
    Distro

Anything fits!

Just trying to see if we could get close to 20 people in the Valley at a bar or something...

Beans

BAR??? OK, if you insist. Now I'm really interested!

Beans
    Distro

Hey guys,

Nerds need alcohol too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation Re: Let see who is actually interested

I'm over by eastern and flamingo and i am definitely down for a team

Beans