Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let see who is actually interested

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Let see who is actually interested

What are people's schedules...would a meeting be able to happen on a Saturday or something?

Any ideas on places to meet, I know of a coffee shop off Eastern and 215 that has wifi, etc...but I'm sure there are many places...

Beans

There is a fantastic cafe called The Grille or The Griddle, can't ever remember which. It's by the 215 and Eastern, in the Big 5 shopping center. I do Cars and Coffee there every Saturday so since I'm in the area, that would be fine for me.

Beans
    Distro

Bluesman,

I went there this weekend, it was great!

When do you plan on being there again?

Beans

hey i was interested

Beans

Hi,

You might want to consult with "Toga" he's one of the admins @ the Las Vegas Linux user group. (lvlug.org)
    he might have some other suggestions about where a meeting could be setup.

...Glen

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Saturdays are good for me.. Would be nice to have a place that has free wifi.. Like the CoffeeBean&TeaLeaf on Maryland Pkwy (across from UNLV), kind of central to the valley.. (No I don't work there/own it, just hang out there a bit)..

Beans
    Distro

I just realized the LVLug is around too!

Maybe we should combine events until we are a substantial user base ourselves?

I will attempt to get in touch with that team's leader and see if we can go from there!

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Okay soo....

10/17 is the next LV Lug meeting! It is at ITT Technical Institute.

Details found at http://lvlug.org/

Please attempt to attend if possible, it would be nice to mix user bases and learn from the LUG that has already done so much to connect Linux users in the Valley.

I believe that if the Ubuntu users in LV grew to be disruptive to the LUG, or if we wanted to pool talent for a bug jam, etc. going forward, then we could form a Loco.

But, for the time being, with only 9 people, lets join their LUG this time around and see how things go!

I look forward to seeing some of you there!
    -ajm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by dfrandin View Post
    I'm in Las Vegas too, and would have the same trouble with meetings in Reno.. I'm a pc support tech for a local company doing mostly windows support, and a bit of Redhat on our Linux cluster.. My os of preference is Ubuntu 8.04. I tried 8.10 on both desktop and laptop, and though the install went perfectly on the laptop, and everything worked, I really don't like the changes they made on the network manager/wifi/vpn config, so I reinstalled 8.04 when I bought a new larger drive for the laptop. As for the desktop, it "just works"... I'm on the east side, Charleston-Lamb area.. I posted earlier on this thread and I swear I can hear crickets from the quiet in this thread...

Dave
    I could probably throw a rock and hit your house from mine, literally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hi guys, i live in north las vegas, i will try to go to the next meeting. i'm kind of new to linux. being messing around with ubuntu, opensuse, debian, kubuntu. i decided on sticking with ubuntu with the gnome desktop. well, i will say more in the meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12