Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Songbird & gstreamer plugin conflict

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Songbird & gstreamer plugin conflict

confirmation: libgst*.so removal fixed same problem on 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10.
    I still have libvisual-0.4-plugins installed.
    When you first dont succeed, google- google again

Beans

I have no libvisual plugins to uninstall

Maybe the .SO removal works , I will try

This is the error that I get by the way ...

(songbird-bin:2421): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times
    Bus error

Beans

Smile Re: Songbird & gstreamer plugin conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Rubadubdub View Post
    For me just removing libvisual-0.4-plugins was not enough.

I also had to remove all libgst*.so files from the /songbird/lib directory.

After removing these files songbird uses the installed lib files from ubuntu not his own. And then it worked,
    this works for me too. thanks.

i'm on a Ubuntu 9.10 amd64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi guys:

i'm kind of having the same issue. i will check on songbird bugsite for some more information. i got to work songbird, just removing the libgstreamer-0.10.so from the ~/songbird/lib

Hope this info helps someone else.

nrayever
    Linux Counter #382246 -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've been experiencing a similar issue, and cannot resolve it based on the answers given above, for the same reason as haghdoost. I am using the getdeb binary through the respository, and thus have no /songbird/lib file to remove gst files from.

This is my output when I run Songbird:

Code:
    (songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsiren.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsiren.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstshout2.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstshout2.so: undefined symbol: gst_poll_new_timer

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstwavpack.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstwavpack.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_array_binary_search

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_new_full

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so: undefined symbol: gst_structure_id_get

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpegcolorspace.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpegcolorspace.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_format_new_caps_interlaced

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstapp.so': /usr/lib/libgstapp-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: gst_buffer_list_get_type

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsubparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsubparse.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_double_to_fraction

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_masked_scan_uint32

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsth264parse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsth264parse.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpeg.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpeg.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux2.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux2.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_event_parse_still_frame

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template bwf_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template alaw_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template dv_dif_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template jpeg2000_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template mpeg_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template mpeg_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template up_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template vc3_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so: undefined symbol: gst_navigation_event_parse_command

(songbird-bin:8606): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstofa.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstofa.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:8602): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
    Any help would be appreciated.Banshee and VLC both play my files properly, but I really prefer Songbird.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The "proper" workaround in my opinion:

If you installed by downloading the .tar.gz universal linux package, extract the contents and copy the Songbird directory to /opt so your binary would be located at /opt/Songbird/songbird

Now add in a launcher for it in your main menu (System > Preferences > Amin Menu) Add a new entry in your Sound & Video Subcategory for songbird, also set the songbird icon to /opt/Songbird/songbird-512.png

For the command add this verbatim:

sh -c "export SB_GST_NO_SYSTEM=1 ; exec /opt/Songbird/songbird"

If you used an actual .deb package most of this work should've been done for you, just edit the main menu entry and select the proper path for the executable (My guess would be /usr/bin/songbird? so it would look like:

sh -c "export SB_GST_NO_SYSTEM=1 ; exec /usr/bin/songbird"

Just make sure the path is right...

No packages to remove or rename which can cause problems with other packages and with updating, ect.... No kludges. An explanation is that setting the environmental variable for songbird only tells it to ONLY use the plugins that come with it and not attempt to use the Systems GStreamer plugins which is causing the problems on x86_64 bit systems it seems.

Hope this helps, and you can re-install your libvisual-0.4-plugins package if you wish.

Beans

That does not work for me, I still get the error:

(songbird-bin:2824): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times
    Bus error

When I do:

$ sh -c "export SB_GST_NO_SYSTEM=1 ; exec /usr/bin/songbird"

In a terminal
    Last edited by oooh; March 7th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I had the same problem with Songbird. The SB_GST_NO_SYSTEM=1 environment variable fixes it for me. It seems the problem is related to gstreamer-ugly plugins.

If SB_GST_NO_SYSTEM=1 fixes this for you, please vote for this bug to get fixed:
    http://bugzilla.songbirdnest.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20314

Beans

You could always try the latest gstreamer release: https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-dev...s/+archive/ppa
    What would happen if your disk died right now?

Beans

For me it seems like songbird comes with it's own set of gstream libraries located in the lib folder. I renamed this foler to bac_lib and songbird started.

I assume the problem were that the libraries in this directory was conflicting with the ubuntu 9.01 gstream libraries, ie. old versions or something.

Right now I still need to test songbrid a bit to check if it's stable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast