Thread: How to get multiple video cards working??

Beans
    Hidden!

Question How to get multiple video cards working??

Well, I have two nVidia 9800GX2 video cards hooked up on my main computer. From a fresh install, I enabled repositories, updated all packages, and then after a reboot installed the reccomended 180 nVidia driver. After that restarted the system, I wound up at a CLI login screen, with anything graphical refusing to start. I turned off my computer, removed the second video card, and everything booted up as normal. I reinstalled it again, and once again I only get the CLI and anything graphical refuses to work. In the log, it said something about "more than one possible output detected" and "can't find monitor" when I tried to boot with both cards installed. I am not going to be running these cards in SLI, if that answers any questions. Can anyone help me out here? Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated on how to proceed from here.

Thanks!
    Woody
    Last edited by swoody; July 19th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How to get multiple video cards working??

Hi and this thread may help

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How to get multiple video cards working??

overdrank: That is a wicked setup there, and now I know for certain that I'll be able to get both of my cards running without a problem. However, I still don't know how to get from where I'm at to where I want to be

Edit: Well after a bit more Googling, I have come across this site which looks rather promising. I'm going to give it a shot later today, and see how it goes... fingers crossed
    Last edited by swoody; July 19th, 2009 at 08:42 AM.