Thread: Sony Vaio MotionEye Webcam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Angry Sony Vaio MotionEye Webcam

Hi chaps and chapesses

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-8112M laptop, just 3 months old and have switched to Linux because Vista is c**p. I have tried to get something from the MotionEye camera and the built in mic and have been frustrated at my lack of success! - Can anyone point me in the right direction as I need this to video-call my granddaughters in Sweden who for some reason need to see me (can't think why but still I should not disappoint them). The volume, mute and Eject buttons work as does all the keyboard, the wlan, the card reader, usb key and my radio mouse. I am running 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. I notice that Ekiga Softphone is installed but all I see is the bouncing logo and no sound - help for a newbie please!

Clock

Also if someone is feeling kind, I cannot get the built-in mic to work although I have set the volumes in the Preferences-Sound Section and Volume Controls......All I get when I try the Sound Recorder is white noise.

Update:- I have managed to get a picture of myself on my webcam after visiting this site:

http://www.palmix.org/r5u870-en.html

and downloading the 0.11.2 driver - I got error messages in the Make process but it works with xawtv - still problems with the mic however. Picture detail is good, colour is good but my mug is not! oh well - the vagaries of Anno Domini.
    Last edited by Clockmender; March 2nd, 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Progress has been made

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Sony Vaio MotionEye Webcam

What does one have to do to get one's posts noticed here?