Thread: what is the best motherboard which support hybrid graphic?

Beans

Question what is the best motherboard which support hybrid graphic?

Hi guys,

I am planning to build a quad core system to play game and work at the same time. What I am looking is a good motherboard for AMD Phenom x4 which has hybrid graphic that work on ubuntu. I need Quadcore because my games gonna need lot of power and i also run vmware on windows while playing. I need hybrid graphic to work on ubuntu because when I am not playing, the system gonna run only ubuntu without gnome and it should not make any noise since it gonna be runnning 24h/5d in my room.
    I heard some people complain that hybrid SLI has no support in linux and as the begining of 2009, hybrid Crossfire is available in Catalyst driver but only on some support model of the card and cpu.
    Hope to get some info here

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: what is the best motherboard which support hybrid graphic?

Actually, after googling abit, i think it would be wise to get a intel Quad instead of AMD since it has biger cache.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: what is the best motherboard which support hybrid graphic?

Quote Originally Posted by lnthai2002 View Post
    Actually, after googling abit, i think it would be wise to get a intel Quad instead of AMD since it has biger cache.
    If you need any form of advanced graphics features under Linux today, Intel is definitely the way to go! AMD/ATI seem to be working on improved support for their graphics adapters, but for now, Intel is the only vendor that actually provides it. In fact, I can run compiz and its spectacular desktop effects only on my Dell Studio 17 (which has an Intel graphics adapter), while none of my desktop systems (which all used to have nVIDIA adapters, but now have ATI adapters) will support compiz without serious problems.

I can live without advanced graphics support from AMD/ATI for the time being, but unless AMD/ATI change my mind, my next PC hardware purchase (most likely within the next year or two) will be an Intel system.