Thread: Picture decompression/decompression script?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Picture decompression/decompression script?

I have a folder full of files (pictures) that I compressed and encrypted with the .7zip format and also encrypted on my dekstop. Because I know absolutely nothing about shell scripts, my question is can I build a script that:

1.) Uncompresses the archive, also using the necessary password to decrypt it (I have the password of course)
    2.) Open the pictures in a photoviewer like Shotwell, in a slideshow as if I had just selected a bunch of pictures and opened them at once normally
    3.) Upon closing of the window with the pictures, either deletes any trace of the pictures from where they were temporarily uncompressed to or recompressing the originally decompressed folder (depending on how the script works and how it unpacks and handles the archive) and encrypting it with the original key

Again, I know nothing of shell scripts in Ubuntu or any distro for that matter, so if this is impossible or ridiculously complicated I will simply try to write a program for it in Python. I imagine this would be simpler though (at least I hope)
    Last edited by DeanM1134; March 7th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.