Hey everyone! I have been working with linux for quite some time now, oh the joy! I've moved my way from Ubuntu to Slackware, either way I still have an XP base system. I have a problem overall with my networking on all these machines but I would like to see if I can at least fix it on one of the machines.

I use sprints 3G CDMA network via Sierra Compass 597 USB modem. I previously hosted a server on my XP machine with sprints network, well one day it stopped working completely for hosting. I now attempt hosting over hamachi, either way I am having major problems with this card and I can't seem to find support.

Problem one being that one day all my ports were blocked and haven't changed since (Yes I attempted hosting on Linux through multiple OS's). The other problem is that upon researching this card that it should be able to pull a connection of 3 megabits per second, similar to DSL, but for me my reports are never more than 1.2 megabits down and 150 kilobits up. Would anyone by chance know if I could execute a modem command to fix either of these problems using KPPP? Sprint claims they see no blocked ports, Sierra says they don't have the ability.

If anyone could help me mess with this thing I would be very appriciative because this is very frustrating for me. I do use KPPP to log onto the modem for Internet connections on my linux box, on Windows I use the dialer integrated into windows.