Thread: Sound doesn't work

Beans

Sound doesn't work

The sound doesn't work for most of the system. The only time sound works is on websites such as youtube.

Here is the sound-card hardware information:
    SBLive! Platinum [CT4760P] (rev.5, serial:0x80401102) Sound Card

Beans

Re: Sound doesn't work

Hmm, so sound *is* working. Try turning the volume up - seriously! Find a mixer that provides all the features eg. aumix and play with all the buttons and sliders, since one of them is wrong.

Cheers,

Herman

Beans

I went to every volume control I could find and turned them all to the max. I used the volume controls under system preferences, the sound icon on the taskbar, and the speaker volume.

I don't get any sound except when I play a youtube video. Even websites have sound. But none of my applications have sound (I have tested several). There are also no sounds from the system beep, etc. I am very confused what the problem could be.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by morty35 View Post
    The sound doesn't work for most of the system. The only time sound works is on websites such as youtube.

Here is the sound-card hardware information:
    SBLive! Platinum [CT4760P] (rev.5, serial:0x80401102) Sound Card
    I have the same issue I can set my sound to the SBlive card and run a test that produces sound but my apps wont respond. I have internal sound too it works but it creates static in the right speaker and I've tested the speaker its not broken its just the volume of the right channel on cd slider in volume control creates static might be a hardware issue but the SBlive is software
    Last edited by wolfmanz51; April 22nd, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Beans

One of the new updates solved the sound. It works fine now.