View Poll Results: Is the series "Inuyasha" basically "Dragon Ball Z" for chicks?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 60.00%
  • No

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is "Inuyasha" "Dragon Balll Z" for chicks?

Beans

Is "Inuyasha" "Dragon Balll Z" for chicks?

So who thinks "Inuyasha" is "Dragon Ball Z" for for chicks. Not to demean the series because it's one of my favorite series (my absolute favorite has to be "Full Metal Alchemist" for those who are curious). The back story on this has to do with me unpacking a huge box of manga and my friend who was helping me was like "Dude, this is like DBZ for chicks." I laughed and said I guess he was right. Regardless, it's still a pretty good series.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Is "Inuyasha" "Dragon Balll Z" for chicks?

It's published in Weekly Shōnen Sunday. Shōnen is aimed at teenage boys.

Beans

That's what I thought. Although my copies are the manga compilations made by Viz. Ashame they changed their formate several years back. Made their books smaller. The only up point is they are about half the price they were, but the quality of the art due to scaling has diminished. I liked the slightly larger old style better. It's not like it cost them that much less to take an 1/8 inch off each margin and the cover art on the old one was more attractive than the bright yellow that they use on the new manga books.

At least it still comes on Adult Swim on Sundays, though nowadays I just record it along with a couple other things.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thumbs down Re: Is "Inuyasha" "Dragon Balll Z" for chicks?

i think its not for chick...i think those who say that its for chicks are just trying to look 'hard' and 'cool'...
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare

Linux User #484611 | Ubuntu User #26153 | Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Inuyasha is Shonen just like Dragon Ball Z, meaning it's targeted towards prepubescent boys! It's not DBZ for chicks. It's more like a nerfed feudal era Yu Yu Hakusho.

And for the record, I do enjoy Inuyasha a lot. Sure it dragged on for a while, but it was still fun to watch. I loved the season with the band of seven. Such great villains - even better than Naraku himself.

Beans

Ask your friend if his comment is original or stolen from VG Cats...

*snip* Image removed due to inappropriate language
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; February 22nd, 2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: removed image

Beans

Agreed, I thought the band of seven villains and such were pretty cool, but as far as villains go Naraku is pretty hard core, I mean you can't really get more evil than that. Honestly, my favorite character has to be Sesshomaru, who is also possibly the most complex character in the series because he continues to remain a wildcard thoughout the series despite turning out to be fairly decent in character.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Keyper7 View Post
    Ask your friend if his comment is original or stolen from VG Cats...
    Thanks, I knew I heard that from somewhere else but I couldn't quite place it I read that fairly often. Gotta love VG Cats.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan Devyn Aodfin View Post
    Agreed, I thought the band of seven villains and such were pretty cool, but as far as villains go Naraku is pretty hard core, I mean you can't really get more evil than that. Honestly, my favorite character has to be Sesshomaru, who is also possibly the most complex character in the series because he continues to remain a wildcard thoughout the series despite turning out to be fairly decent in character.
    Naraku gave off a very evil essence. His appearance and voice sent shills down my spine several times, but he really lacked decent motives for everything he did. He wanted to become full demon like Inuyasha, but why was he so damn evil about it? Why would he kill Kikyo if he loved her so much? He lacked so many motives for doing everything he did, it was ridiculous. It seems like he was just bored and looking for trouble. What was he planning on doing after he killed all his enemies? He never really aimed at conquering the world. Would have been the perfect villain if, he didn't drag on for so long, had better motives, and more desires.

I wish Naraku went to the present era during the show, that would have been cool.

Beans

I do agree, but maybe that is what the aurthor wanted. Naraku seemed more like a psychopath: someone who performs acts of evil out of the pleasure of doing it. In that sense he didn't need a motive because he got plesure out of twisting others to his urges. I always got that kind of feel about him. He wasn't out to rule the world, he just liked to create choas whereever he was.

I wish Naraku went to the present era during the show, that would have been cool.
    Yes that would have been. It would not surprise me if they make a second series (or a movie) since the ending seemed to be incomplete (assuming AS did actually air the last episode). If the creator does she should not drag it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast