Thread: Can't install ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX driver

Beans

Can't install ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX driver

Suddenly after updating my computer, compiz fails to load all of the effects, and so I check out the hardware drivers section, and it shows that the ATI driver is not activated. If I hit "activate" it flashes the downloading driver screen but when it goes back it shows it still isn't activated.

I'm thinking this might be something weird with updates, but it looks like I'm competely updated. It's an ATI X1300 mobility graphics card on a dell inspirion e1505 running intrepid. Thanks!

EDIT: I also tried reinstalling all the FGLRX drivers.
    Last edited by magicmanfk; February 22nd, 2009 at 05:15 AM.

Beans

Re: Can't install ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX driver

fixed the problem; for some reason when I upgraded my kernel stuff it didn't completely register. It showed I was using 2.6.27-9 while I had most of the things installed for 2.6.27-11, including the restricted drivers. I uninstalled all the kernel/header stuff before 11 and made sure all the 11 stuff was installed and booted with that kernel instead, which fixed it.

Beans

Re: Can't install ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX driver

Hi, I am new with ubuntu and I have the same problem, but can't fix it and I don't understand what you did to fix it. If you can tell me how to do this in details I' ll be very appreciated

P.S. the problem occured when i upgrated my ubuntu to v9.10
    Last edited by mylord; January 10th, 2010 at 10:14 AM.