Thread: modem problam with ubudsl

Beans

Unhappy modem problam with ubudsl

im using ubuntu 8. i installed ubudsl for my ZTE ZXDSL 852 modem, and it worked perfectly. But since i installed couple of updates, its not working properly. Even the lights are not blinking. the modem is recognized but its not synchronizing. i tried reinstalling the software but it ddnt wrked either..pls help me

thnx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: modem problam with ubudsl

Quote Originally Posted by pramu View Post
    im using ubuntu 8. i installed ubudsl for my ZTE ZXDSL 852 modem, and it worked perfectly. But since i installed couple of updates, its not working properly. Even the lights are not blinking. the modem is recognized but its not synchronizing. i tried reinstalling the software but it ddnt wrked either..pls help me

thnx
    What is the exact version u are using ... I got my self online with Ubuntu 8.10 ... Just only thin is with the Zte u have to have ATM unicorn II driver ,,, Best thing to do is ... If u are using gnome Put the CD ,, Make sure all the development pkgs are runnunin .. and then Run the Ubudsl configuration , then u can run the applet ... which will help u get online flawlessly ...

I not much familier with Ubuntu since my exposure is in slackware ... hope this helps..