Meeting Minutes 2-16-09
Yes, we've finally had our first meeting, hopefully the first of many to come. Next meeting is on 2-24 (Tuesday) at 7pm. Be there or be square.
A brief summary of what went on:
- Goals thus far include community organizing, CD distribution, advocating FOSS and Ubuntu, release parties, and working with local LUGs and PC shops
- Meetings will take place every Tuesday at 7pm
- The "business" meetings will take place on the first Tuesday of each month
- Possible Release party events & other group events in the future
- Definitely a priority to have CDs on hand, perhaps copies of windows versions of things as well
- Logo has been chosen and is now present on the wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VirginiaTeam)
- dwidmann has been made the secretary
- Regional reps have been selected for the Southwest, NVR, and Hampton Roads/Tidwater regions. We still need representation from; the Southside, Central, Northern, and Alleghany
Cleaned up logfile attached.
Last edited by kuja; February 17th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.
Reason: Forgot to attach the log, edited things for consistency
"I refuse to be part of a society that encourages the rampant abuse of its own language."
~ The Black Mage
Re: Meeting Minutes 2-16-09
I've added the IRC logs for Feb 24 and Mar 03 to the VirginiaTeam wiki page. There are also preliminary minutes for the Mar 03 meeting.