Thread: Non compiz Gnome Gui tweek worth playing with

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Non compiz Gnome Gui tweek worth playing with

Hi buys found out about this on gnome-look and its kind of kewl and works for gnome bar non compiz but has a ugly shadow highlight with compiz running which can probably be configed out.

This is really neet to play with expecialy if you have neet panel icons. This works by using a bar with partial transparancy on the bottom and icon settings. This results with the icon showing a bit under the bar.

Also the icon sizes seem to jump at different sizes so bigger icon sizes look better.

I also tried using this for a side launch bar that looked ok with huge icons but did not like it.

Enjoy!
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Non compiz Gnome Gui tweek worth playing with

Quote Originally Posted by Omnios View Post
    Hi buys found out about this on gnome-look and its kind of kewl and works for gnome bar non compiz but has a ugly shadow highlight with compiz running which can probably be configed out.

This is really neet to play with expecialy if you have neet panel icons. This works by using a bar with partial transparancy on the bottom and icon settings. This results with the icon showing a bit under the bar.

Also the icon sizes seem to jump at different sizes so bigger icon sizes look better.

I also tried using this for a side launch bar that looked ok with huge icons but did not like it.

Enjoy!
    Looks cool. Is there a link on where to get it / how to set it up?
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Non compiz Gnome Gui tweek worth playing with

Basicly its a bar image that is partially transparent bar image that I moded in gimp. The bar there for is say 23 pixals but half of that is transparent to the icons extend below that into the transparent region. So right clicking the panel options you can make a small pallen graphic with a transparent region and use it as the background region.

Generally mine is on a laptop so smaller in size but the bigger the panel used the better it looks.
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM