While many of you love to hate network-manager, and recommend wicd in it's place, I have discovered a problem with wicd and auto-mounting nfs files from my fstab.

This is not the case when using network-manager.

This occurred after swapping out network-manager with wicd (latest versions). After a while I decided to restore network-manager and remove wicd to see if that would make a difference, and to my surprise, it did! Using network-manager (again), my nfs mounts reappeared automatically after booting.

I would prefer to use wicd on my laptop for roaming purposes, and while it is a minor nuisance to
Code:
sudo mount -a
after connecting to my home network, I would prefer the nfs mounts to come up automatically as they do in network-manager.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

here are my fstab/nfs entries:

Code:
192.168.0.199:/home/wolf/downloads /home/wolf/downloads nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,bg 0 0
192.168.0.199:/media/Elements/Music /home/wolf/Music nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,bg  0 0
192.168.0.199:/media/Elements/Pictures /home/wolf/Pictures nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,bg 0 0
I have seen other reports of this (and smb shares defined in fstab), but no adequate explanations/fixes as far as wicd is concerned.

Thanks,

Wolf