Thread: Ventrilo, world of warcraft and wine

Beans

Ventrilo, world of warcraft and wine

Hi, Ive been searching for an answer but I can't seem to find one, My problems are, Getting ventrilo to run under the Gsm 6.10 setup, I imported the command lines into the system.ini file, but now i am getting an error that says "Failed to open input device. Another program might have it open already. rc = -10" and "createcapturebuffer failed.HR=DSSER_ALLLOCATED".
    I also cant get the PTT to work, when i searched about this problem i found a command, sudo killall pulseaudio, apparently this program was masking the command, but that didnt fix the PTT either.As with all the others i can hear just fine.At one time i had the PTT working but it dropped my world of warcraft to 1 fps, if you arent familiar with the game..its unplayable at that point, so i had to turn off outgoing talk option to play
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with wine 1.1.5
    Any help would be appriciated!!

Update: Ok, im still a noob at this but i have been tinkering a little and found that when i went to synaptic package manager and downloaded the oss files and drivers, just kinda took what looked like it needed, main and compatiblity. I can now talk with the PTT option and play wow at the same time, I no longer get those errors i stated before either. Makes sense really. Ill post more updates when I can
    Last edited by Linuxidiot; February 20th, 2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: more info, update

Beans

Re: Ventrilo, world of warcraft and wine

As i have stated before i got it to work with wow running, but it seems that after a period of time i can no longer talk through vent, my push to talk doesnt work and my game play graphics die, im wondering if maybe there is a conflict of drivers somewhere or if maybe its a cache issue, im just kinda throwing out ideas so any help would be nice , thanks again