Thread: Load nvidia-settings at startup?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Load nvidia-settings at startup?

From the Arch Nvidia wiki:

Nvidia-Settings Autostart: You might like to apply the settings chosen using nvidia-settings at startup, firstly run nvidia-settings at least once in order for settings to be restored. The settings file is stored in ~/.nvidia-settings-rc. Then add the following to the auto-startup method of your DE:

nvidia-settings --load-config-only

I know in gnome its as simple as adding that line to "sessions" which worked for me but now i am using kde3 and I am unsure of how to do this.

I know about the /.kde/.Autostart folder but i'm assuming i would have to write some kind of script to get that to work. Anyone know how i can do this or an alternative method for kde?

Thanks
    Desktop: 2004 Dell Dimension 2400, 80g hdd, P4 2.8GHZ, Nvidia GeForce 8400GS, 2X DVD-RW DL, 1.5G Ram, Ubuntu Hardy.
    Laptop: Compaq Presario c700, Pentium Dual-Core 2X 1.8GHZ, 160G hdd, Intel 965GM Graphics, 2G Ram, Dual-Boot WinXP + Arch KDEmod3

Beans

Re: Load nvidia-settings at startup?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    nvidia-settings -l
    This should do it. Make sure it's executable and save it as nvidia-start.sh or something in your autostart folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Load nvidia-settings at startup?

Thanks Dude, that worked beautifully!
    Desktop: 2004 Dell Dimension 2400, 80g hdd, P4 2.8GHZ, Nvidia GeForce 8400GS, 2X DVD-RW DL, 1.5G Ram, Ubuntu Hardy.
    Laptop: Compaq Presario c700, Pentium Dual-Core 2X 1.8GHZ, 160G hdd, Intel 965GM Graphics, 2G Ram, Dual-Boot WinXP + Arch KDEmod3