Thread: Most elementary KDevelop question

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Most elementary KDevelop question

Hello all,
    I'm an experienced programmer and I've been developing for Linux for years but I've always hand-crafted my own makefiles. I tried to get to use KDevelop a few times before but never could get past the most elementary problems...

OK, so I can get the Hello World example to compile and run... but how do I add a second .c file to the project ?!? I've gone 3 times through all the menus and submenus and I don't have a clue.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Most elementary KDevelop question

The answer is: It depends on the type of your project. In this post, I assume that you made a new "Hello World project"-

For adding *new* files, you can simply try File->New. For adding existing files, click on the "Automake Manager" at the right border of the window and right-click on the build target in the lower half of the manager panel. It has some adding functionality.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    For adding *new* files, you can simply try File->New.
    D'oh! I had no idea that it would add them to the project at the same time. Even seems completely wrong to me...

For adding existing files, click on the "Automake Manager" at the right border of the window and right-click on the build target in the lower half of the manager panel. It has some adding functionality.
    Well, I could have stared at their user interface for a year without noticing that thing. Grumble stupid grumble interface grumble design.

But I lied when I said I did compile a hello world (it did work on another install). Even that won't work, and I've tried both the normal and the CMake (same results with less cruft in the latter):
    Code:
    cd '/home/dargaud/Dargaud/WebPageStuff/AccessLog/AnalyzeCounterLin/debug' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" LC_MESSAGES="C" LC_CTYPE="C" make -k 
    make all-recursive
    Making all in src
    linking analyzecounterlin (CC)
    ../libtool: line 818: X--tag=CC: command not found
    ../libtool: line 851: libtool: ignoring unknown tag : command not found
    ../libtool: line 818: X--mode=link: command not found
    ../libtool: line 985: *** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is deprecated.: command not found
    ../libtool: line 986: *** Future versions of Libtool will require --mode=MODE be specified.: command not found
    ../libtool: line 2223: X-O0: command not found
    ../libtool: line 2223: X-g3: command not found
    ../libtool: line 2392: Xanalyzecounterlin: command not found
    X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
    ../libtool: line 2404: Xanalyzecounterlin: command not found
    ../libtool: line 2412: mkdir /.libs: No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/.libs': Permission denied
    make[2]: *** [analyzecounterlin] Error 1
    make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    *** Exited with status: 2 ***
    I can find those errors on google but the solutions are surprisingly not helpful. I'm absolutely not familiar with automake and autoconf.

Why is there an 'X' prepended to compiler options, file names and others ?!? If that's not a bug I don't know what is !

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Cause of bug is clearly wisible

../libtool: line 2412: mkdir /.libs: No such file or directory
    libtool was tried to create a directory ".libs" into system root directory. And I assume, you're not working as root and your user account don't have a write permission for "/". Of course, it is a libtool related error that must be fixed ASAP. By now you may use a workaround: create an empty directory into system root directory "/" and give permission 777 for it.