Hello all, I am convinced that Intrepid works better on laptops. Seems Intrepid fixes all the Load_Cycle_Count stuff that Hardy has problems with.

My laptop is a Toshiba with a Core 2 Duo processor(64 bit). I am running Hardy on it and applied the supposed Load_Cycle_Count fix. The laptop runs fine on AC, but drags hind end when on battery. The hard drive parks within a minute of logging in and that really slows performance down spinning the hdd up and parking it until I need to do something. It is great for battery life, but bad for performance.

My next question would be should I go with Intrepid 64 bit or Linux Mint 6 Felicia 64 bit? I see on Mint website that x86_64 is now a stable version.

Since it appears that Mint is Ubuntu with CODECs and few other goodies installed I figure it would be a wash.

I would like others opinions. Since this is an Ubuntu forum I do expect some bias, but I do want honest opinions.

It also looks like Mint utilizes Ubuntu's repos so I can access the same great programs as well. Just wanting to try something new. I find Ubuntu Hardy 64 bit EXTREMELY stable and wonder if Mint 6 64 bit is just as stable.

Thanks.