Thread: Backtrack

Hybrid View

Beans

Backtrack

Hey there,

Just installed Backtrack to dual boot with ubuntu. in fact i'm running it now and am pleased with it. I was just curious to hear about others' positive or negative experiences with it.

Beans

Re: Backtrack

I boot bt3 from a SD card and I like it a lot. It's very educational. Can't wait for bt4 to come out so I can do a real install with it.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

I did a real install with bt3. why were you not able to? when is bt4 supposed to come out?

Beans

Backtrack is SLAX-based and therefore offers the power of Slackware on a live disk. Can't lose with that

Beans

w00t to that. You didn't have any problems doing a hard drive install did you though?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Backtrack 4 is close to release as a beta. Its based on Kubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged23 View Post
    I did a real install with bt3. why were you not able to? when is bt4 supposed to come out?
    I didn't really try to with the new laptop since it's going to be KDE when bt4 comes out and I can save changes with the SD card install anyway. The old laptop wouldn't even run the bt3 cd. I'll do a real install with bt4 for sure.

I'm looking forward to the bt4 release. The beta is supposed to be released after ShmooCon 2009 which ended on the 8th of this month so it should be real soon.
    Last edited by 2hot6ft2; February 11th, 2009 at 04:16 AM.
    Ultimate Edition Links