Thread: Banshee is the best Music player for Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Banshee is the best Music player for Ubuntu

Hey ya'll, if looking for a really good music player go for banshee. It does a good job of organizing your music, album cover art, etc. I was using Amarok before and Banshee sounds 3 times better on my Audigy2 zx sound card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Banshee is the best Music player for Ubuntu

i could never get banshee to connect to my ipod, that's why i use amarok

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by c/Kr3t View Post
    i could never get banshee to connect to my ipod, that's why i use amarok
    I still can't get my iPod connected to either of the players! [iPod touch*]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Seems to me Music Library software is still an area where we lag significantly behind.
    I currently have Exaile, Rhythmbox, Banshee installed. Have tried Songbird & Amarok 1.4.All have problems.
    Rhythmbox seems closest but regularly crashes and seems to have serious ID Tag editing issues.
    Some of the same issues in Banshee with a clunky interface. Eg when choosing genre list you get a pop up list with no quick navigation or where I can't relabel multiple artist genre tags at the same time.
    Exaile & songbird just aren't anywhere on the playing field...yet.
    All have problems with supporting some external media devices or even being able to seperate different libraries.

Nothing that I have seen comes close to Winamp or Mediamonkey on Wins, esp MediaMonkey, which I used for a few years and it does everything. Sorry.
    Amarok 2.1 might be ok, but it's for KDE...
    Donal
    Ireland
    Registered Linux User #477443

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

long time was using rhythmbox(i couldn't find equilizer in there), now only banshee 1.4.2 . Time of using winamp-like players is far past for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by wauvil View Post
    Hey ya'll, if looking for a really good music player go for banshee. It does a good job of organizing your music, album cover art, etc. I was using Amarok before and Banshee sounds 3 times better on my Audigy2 zx sound card.
    Have you checked out XBMC?? It's a media center, not a stand alone player, but I was impressed. (Though a note to DonalB, it too has its problems) I'll check out Banshee thanks for the tip.
    ~B

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wauvil View Post
    I'm trying to like Banshee, but it's difficult when Banshee stops playing an album after two tracks! This happens consistently on every album and despite restarts. I've looked for some configuration setting I missed, but I cannot find the problem. Any thoughts? (Running 1.4.3 on Jaunty.) Really would like to solve this problem if possible. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

i am pretty satisfied wid banshee and rhythmbox cuz both of them sync wit my ZEN VISION:M properly.!!
    Even if the 'morrow is barren of promises; nothing shall forestall my return

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I like Banshee but can't get it to see my daap share. If they would make it where I could manually connect like in Rhythmbox I would use it.