Thread: new intstall

Beans

new intstall

I just put ubuntu 8.10 on a duel boot system amd 1150mzh 1.5gb ram d link dfe-528tx network card. It dose 2 things i do not like 1. when it boots to linux it dose not access my HHD and gose to a black screen I then have to type exit 2 or 3 times then it boots to linux. 2 I can not seam to be able to access the internet, it pick up the network card well, but I can not access the inernet and i do not know why. Also I want to know if there is a way i can use the windows verson of yahoo and msn.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: new intstall

It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use [code][/code] brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.