Thread: Wireless icon says "ok", but I cannot access internet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Wireless icon says "ok", but I cannot access internet

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my computer. The little icon in the top-right bar of my screen indicates that I am connected to my network.
    If I click on it, it indicates that the connection is quite good (approx. 75%) and the name of the network is correct.
    However, when I open Firefox to connect to internet, it does not work. I cannot even access my router. Also, I have tried to ping some websites as well as my router through the terminal. This does not work either.

The connection to internet should however not be the problem, because I can access it with another computer (macintosh, through the same wireless network).

I don't know where to start to solve this problem. What should I look at? What should I check? Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Some information: My computer is a "Shark littlebit" model. It runs Ubuntu 8.10.

Beans

Re: Wireless icon says "ok", but I cannot access internet

Access your router through the macintosh and check the configuration options like MAC restriction or DHCP options and such. See if the problem lies there.