Thread: Questions regarding Linux/Unix certifications

Beans

Questions regarding Linux/Unix certifications

I am a migrated user from windows to Linux. Ever since I started using Linux (my current distro that I am using is Ubuntu), I started to really like it, and I am interested in pursuing a career in it.

I saw that there are several different certifications in the Linux/Unix world.

I have a few questions regarding these certifications:

1. Is there any substantial difference between Linux and Unix, regarding the actual certifications?

2. How does the "pyramid system" work in the certifications- meaning, what is considered the least relatively certified Linux/Unix professional and what is considered the most relatively certified Linux/Unix professional? (I know that there are a lot of different types of professionals, in different areas, but I am looking for a general picture)

3. In general, do careers in Linux/Unix require any other type of certification other than a Linux/Unix certification by itself (meaning, for example, in general, would a computer science degree be required)?

Additionally, where would I be able to find out more about all the questions I am asking, is there any one website that describes the certifications and career paths?

Thanks to all who answer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Questions regarding Linux/Unix certifications

1.yes,there is

2.there are different types of professionals indeed,but in redhat,for example,the "architect" is the highest level of certification

3.i hope not,as i don't have any degree in computer science

Beans

Re: Questions regarding Linux/Unix certifications

You can find Linux certification details here in full.
    where there is a will there is a way.LOOSUPAYA twitterFollow me