Thread: Does dd_rhelp ever finish?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Does dd_rhelp ever finish?

i'm running dd_rhelp on a partition and it's been running for maybe two days straight. does it ever "finish"? it just seems to run forever, and it doesn't look like its getting closer to completion

the status bar is all X's except for one asterisk, but it's been like that for a several hours

.:EDIT:. it also keeps saying there are "178 parsed chunks". the count hasn't increased at all for a while
    Last edited by Sonic Reducer; February 1st, 2009 at 10:43 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Does dd_rhelp ever finish?

What was the outcome?

Must have done everything and then turned to work on the bad patches which can take long. But at that point hopefully all the good data it could read would have been read.

Beans
    Distro

wow blast from the past lol, yeah sefs, i think thats exactly what happened

not surprising that it didn't finish, the hard disk i was dd_rhelping had a frozen armature that i had to remove the cover to physically unstick it. i ran the hard drive for about a week overall inside of a ziplock sandwich bag. i blew compressed air into the bag to "inflate" it and prevent the bag from laying on the disk surface. the drive was in a stripped down hard drive enclosure with the cable coming through the zipper sealed with electrical tape.

the candle prevents the plastic from rubbing on the disk surface should pressure be lost

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi,

I gotta say, I'm impressed with your improv "clean room"!
    Main system: Dell 1420n - C2D T5250, 4GB RAM, 120GB SATA. Ubuntu 8.04.3.
    Assorted VMs (via VBox). Favorites: Fedora, FreeBSD, Solaris.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by niteshifter View Post
    Hi,

I gotta say, I'm impressed with your improv "clean room"!
    lol, i went all out, positive pressure from the cleanest source i could think of, duster gas!

how do you like this, it's a ducted dryer box i made for when i cleaned my K&N air filter. It started raining when i was cleaning it, and these things are supposed to air dry.

basically the fan blows air into the bag through the filter and out vent holes in the bottom of the box. basically, i'm MacGuyver incarnate lol