Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoW with wine] OpenGL hw cursor PATCH

Beans

Re: [WoW with wine] OpenGL hw cursor PATCH

Quote Originally Posted by ErikHogue View Post
    I've tried going step by step with Randomei's steps and I always get stuck at trying to install the patch. When I enter the command "patch -pl < wine-cursor-patch-new.txt" it comes up with the following, what can I do?
    patching file dlls/winex11.drv/mouse.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 175.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 185.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 943.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 951.
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 961.
    Hunk #6 FAILED at 1056.
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 1098.
    7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/mouse.c.rej
    Maybe you start patch in wrong folder?
    Last edited by randomei; May 23rd, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Beans

I have come up with a patch for 1.2-rc1, because of the changes to mouse.c in 1.2.

This is my first patch, but I've tested with 1.2-rc1 fresh extract and it works for me. Please backup your mouse.c just in case.

DO NOT USE IF NOT USING wine 1.2-rc1 (and possibly any 1.2+), if using 1.1.*, please use old patch:

Please let me know if this works for anyone else, as I like to stay up on fresh wine sources, especially as we move to 1.2.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dardack; May 24th, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Just compiled and installed Wine 1.2-rc1 with your revised patch Dardak, works perfectly on my system, cheers!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SamD42 View Post
    Just compiled and installed Wine 1.2-rc1 with your revised patch Dardak, works perfectly on my system, cheers!
    Glad to hear it. I use this for all my wine compiles, cause I hate the windows/wine arrow and would rather have the default linux system arrow I have set up in my profile.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dardack View Post
    Glad to hear it. I use this for all my wine compiles, cause I hate the windows/wine arrow and would rather have the default linux system arrow I have set up in my profile.
    So did I and it works great Nice to have normal cursor in Spotify! Keep up the good work!

Maybe there's a way to incorporate pulse audio support too for 1.2-rc1 gonna look into it abit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hallon View Post
    So did I and it works great Nice to have normal cursor in Spotify! Keep up the good work!

Maybe there's a way to incorporate pulse audio support too for 1.2-rc1 gonna look into it abit
    There is. Check out winepulse:

http://art.ified.ca/?page_id=40

You have to compile wine yourself with these patches. Um I believe all the audio/config files for Winepulse changed in 1.1.44 so there was no need to change it for 1.2rc1 like the mouse patch here.

You can read why they won't incorporate pulse into wine on that dudes page. basically I found this cause WoW was having sound issues for me with my sound card in ALSA. Be warned, the winepulse for ventrilo kinda sux, i always set a reg alsa for vent, reg pulse for wow, but now that mangler kicks *** I haven't used vent in forever.

If interested in Mangler (vent client for linux):

www.mangler.org

EDIT: BTW I wrote some code to TTS when someone enters a channel with their name/phonetic, cause I didn't just like a dinging sound, I wanted to know who entered the channel (in case I was talking about them).

Beans

There is. Check out winepulse:

http://art.ified.ca/?page_id=40

You have to compile wine yourself with these patches. Um I believe all the audio/config files for Winepulse changed in 1.1.44 so there was no need to change it for 1.2rc1 like the mouse patch here.

You can read why they won't incorporate pulse into wine on that dudes page. basically I found this cause WoW was having sound issues for me with my sound card in ALSA. Be warned, the winepulse for ventrilo kinda sux, i always set a reg alsa for vent, reg pulse for wow, but now that mangler kicks *** I haven't used vent in forever.

If interested in Mangler (vent client for linux):

www.mangler.org

EDIT: BTW I wrote some code to TTS when someone enters a channel with their name/phonetic, cause I didn't just like a dinging sound, I wanted to know who entered the channel (in case I was talking about them).
    Thanks for the tip on Mangler. Already using it since a few days back and it absolutely kicks serious bum!

I just read about pulseaudio on that page you linked.. so maybe not long till we get to use OpenAL with pulseaudio support. Sounds awsome, cant wait!

..building a new package of wine now with pulseaudio patches and your mouse patch *fingers crossed* Currently using it with spotify and OSS emulation through padsp but I cant seem to play two OSS applications (both through wine) simultaneously using padsp. The sound quality seem much higher now though than with ALSA. Might be my imagination.. but I seem to have noticed a slight digital distortion previously.

.. still compiling

EDIT:
    Hmm.. some errors with mp3 library and a bunch of struggles with pulseaudio ended with me ditching pulseaudio altogether. Happy user of just pure ALSA now, and amixer for keyboard volume control superb sound and no popping in Warcraft either. I wonder what I will miss pulseaudio for..
    Last edited by hallon; May 26th, 2010 at 12:17 AM.

Beans

Thanks for the tip on Mangler. Already using it since a few days back and it absolutely kicks serious bum!

I just read about pulseaudio on that page you linked.. so maybe not long till we get to use OpenAL with pulseaudio support. Sounds awsome, cant wait!

..building a new package of wine now with pulseaudio patches and your mouse patch *fingers crossed* Currently using it with spotify and OSS emulation through padsp but I cant seem to play two OSS applications (both through wine) simultaneously using padsp. The sound quality seem much higher now though than with ALSA. Might be my imagination.. but I seem to have noticed a slight digital distortion previously.

.. still compiling

EDIT:
    Hmm.. some errors with mp3 library and a bunch of struggles with pulseaudio ended with me ditching pulseaudio altogether. Happy user of just pure ALSA now, and amixer for keyboard volume control superb sound and no popping in Warcraft either. I wonder what I will miss pulseaudio for..

Are you on 64bit Ubuntu? and did you do sudo build-dep wine?

Beans

Are you on 64bit Ubuntu? and did you do sudo build-dep wine?
    As it happens I actually am on 64-bit, Linux Mint 8(Ubuntu Karmic derivate)

First compile with just your patch went ok, then after doing the other patches for pulseaudio, I for some reason did ./configure (the instructions advised me to) and got some warnings about missing mp3 libraries, which I installed. Those libraries are the ones giving me errors now when doing dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b

trying to find logfiles of the error but I think I was abit too quick deleting the folder and settling for a pulseaudio free environment. I'll give it another go later on today if you're interested in exactly what errors I got

Beans

As it happens I actually am on 64-bit, Linux Mint 8(Ubuntu Karmic derivate)

First compile with just your patch went ok, then after doing the other patches for pulseaudio, I for some reason did ./configure (the instructions advised me to) and got some warnings about missing mp3 libraries, which I installed. Those libraries are the ones giving me errors now when doing dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b

trying to find logfiles of the error but I think I was abit too quick deleting the folder and settling for a pulseaudio free environment. I'll give it another go later on today if you're interested in exactly what errors I got
    Yea there was a change you had to make in the audio for mp3, post the error I can remember what it was. IIRC that is. Also, you do need the dev libraries of pulse for winepulse IIRC also.

EDIT: Also after applying the pulse patches did you do the: autoreconf

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast