Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

Beans

Question Re: Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

Uninstalled Zoneminder, Apache, and MySQL with Synaptic and used the terminal to install following all of your steps (copy and paste) and all was successful up to a point. Typed in http://localhost/ and it gave the "It works" message, but when I typed in http://localhost/zm it gave a Page Load Error (Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.) so I'm not sure what that's about. Once again, thanks for your patience with me. Sometimes I'm not as smart as I look. Also, will we be able to run ZoneMinder without internet access?
    Last edited by hogtrough; February 9th, 2009 at 05:21 AM.

Beans

Re: Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

yeah sure, you can just run zoneminder as a local cctv.

can you confirm if the avermedia card is detected in ubuntu?

post the output

Code:
    lsmod | grep video
    and

Code:
    ls /dev/vid*

Beans

hogtrough, i had the same problem.. after installing zm and going to http://localhost/zm. it came up with page cannot be displayed. after a while i realized i had forgot to run "sudo ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf" after reloading apache that solved the problem for me. hope this helps for you, sorry its so late i just started out w/ zm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

mga masters patulong naman sa security cam ko ngayon dumating lang last week pinadala lang sa bro-n-law ko.. swann SW215-DMD needs dvr pci card at ang mahl pala 10k above? may mura ba kayong alam na compatible din sa ubuntu/linux?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

yeah, i reckon, that pci is really expensive, i dunno if you could find cheaper once.

Beans
    Distro

tsk tsk iba kc quality ng usb cams compare to the real cctv cams pero bka makapaghanap sa mga surplus shops try lang kung wala pagiponan kung di benta ko na lang to...

Beans
    Distro

hehehe i found it rca to usb adapter galing cdr king at surplus shop atlast mapapalitan na rin usb webcam ko ginamit ng magandang quality na security cam post ko lang next week ang zoneminder with 2cams usb and cctv...

Beans

How do you guys have your webcams looked up with zoneminder? Do you just have them straight plugged into USB ports or what?

I'm trying to find a way that I could somehow attach a webcam to my wireless network... I'd like to put a webcam on the front of the garage. I can get wireless there, but I obviously don't have a computer out there.

Any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Script Warlock View Post
    mga masters patulong naman sa security cam ko ngayon dumating lang last week pinadala lang sa bro-n-law ko.. swann SW215-DMD needs dvr pci card at ang mahl pala 10k above? may mura ba kayong alam na compatible din sa ubuntu/linux?
    bttv is widely supported in linux ... if you will buy a DVR card, look at the decoder chip sa board (PCI)... if it says conexant 2xxx, ok yan since conexant bought out brooktree which made the original BT8xx decoder chips.. for sure gagana yan... at gilmore and in divisoria i saw some units na about 1,000/channel.. comes in 4 / 8 channel....

i've seen some chips na techwell naman yung naka label... sadly these chips don't have linux drivers

for the others, it would be a gamble... lately mga nakikita kong mga DVR pci cards, naka heatsink na yung mga decoder chips, hindi mo na makita kung ano ang gamit na chip kaya medyo risky if you really want to run it on linux.... malalaman mo lang kapag naikabit na sa pc, then lspci...

although.. if you buy a DVR card per se, may kasama naman talaga syang software, yun nga lang lagi windows...

hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

question lang,

bakit yung creative vista cam ko may display when i use it from cheese, kopete, skype, or any qt base apps, pero sa zoneminder nag eeeeerror na?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast