Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.04.2 and Pulseaudio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: 8.04.2 and Pulseaudio

Just an idea, could you try to remove your sound card and use the built-in sound?
    I have built-in sound through VIA8237 in ubuntu 8.10 and works fine. When I first installed the system the sound was rather poor (quite low)(my brother's pc with VIA8233, on the contrary, has a loud sound output). About a week or so ago I installed KDE (install kde) and my sound got better:
    *I know the KDE install changed my system audio preferences even in Gnome.
    *I had to enable 'intrepid-proposed' in 'Software Sources' to install a later version of KDE (I think from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 or something) so I don't know if some of the other updates that came too affected the sound.
    Just to ponder, I use Gnome since if you're not in the mood to keep fixing this and that that doesn't work, don't go to KDE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 8.04.2 and Pulseaudio

Quote Originally Posted by ikisham View Post
    Just an idea, could you try to remove your sound card and use the built-in sound?
    I have built-in sound through VIA8237 in ubuntu 8.10 and works fine. When I first installed the system the sound was rather poor (quite low)(my brother's pc with VIA8233, on the contrary, has a loud sound output). About a week or so ago I installed KDE (install kde) and my sound got better:
    *I know the KDE install changed my system audio preferences even in Gnome.
    *I had to enable 'intrepid-proposed' in 'Software Sources' to install a later version of KDE (I think from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 or something) so I don't know if some of the other updates that came too affected the sound.
    Just to ponder, I use Gnome since if you're not in the mood to keep fixing this and that that doesn't work, don't go to KDE.
    Using the mobo sound chip is not a bad idea. The thought of using the build in sound card actually occurred to me. (Actually it took me a while to figure out I was connecting to the wrong device). I think I'm going to give my current course a couple more attempts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12